13 Dec Top Features and Enhancements for the release of IBM z/OS 2.5
The release of IBM z/OS 2.5 will continue to strengthen the security, integrity, and privacy of data with new features and enhancements. Development teams can leverage cybersecurity system hardening to provide a new level of resiliency for your organization’s enterprise security environment.
Here is a list of the top features and enhancements included with this release:
• New primary displays and secondary panels further enhance information that SDSF can show enabling programmers to better manage their z/OS environment.
• A new z/OSMF task in z/OSMF Software Management called Software Update. The graphical user interface in Software Update provides a simplified and guided process to install any SMP/E-packaged PTF, regardless of the software vendor.
• RACF PassTicket capabilities have been updated to support stronger cryptographic algorithm with additional controls to enhance client support and improve error diagnostics and additional information logged in SMF.
• z/OS Encryption Readiness Technology (zERT) is enhanced to provide policy-based enforcement of local network cryptography requirements. When TCP connections match user-defined zERT enforcement rules, you can obtain immediate notification of questionable or unacceptable network cryptographic protection through messages, SMF audit records, and even automatic termination of connections.
• An anomaly mitigation solution leveraging Predictive Failure Analysis (PFA), Runtime Diagnostics, Workload Manager (WLM), and JES2 that further enables clients to detect anomalous behavior in near real-time so they can proactively address potential problems before an availability impacting event can develop.
• Real Storage Manager (RSM) support for more than 4 TB of real memory. This enables new workloads that require vast amounts of memory to be created and run on the platform.